(October 14, 2020) Hood County Judge Ron Massingill has applied for and received approval for all Hood County Bars and Wineries to Open up to 50 percent of their total listed occupancy of the establishment. Where applicable, this 50 percent occupancy limit applies only indoors; the limit does not apply to outdoor areas, events, or establishments, although social distancing and other protocols must be followed. This goes into effect today, October 14, 2020.
(October 7, 2020) Governor Greg Abbott issued an Executive Order to open bars and similar establishments at up to 50% capacity in conjunction with county officials. In hospital regions with low COVID-19 hospitalizations, County Judges will be able to opt their county into opening bars beginning October 14, 2020, provided they assist in enforcing health protocols. The Governor's Executive Order also increases the occupancy levels for all business establishments other than bars to 75%. Read the full press release here.
Small Business Resources
- Paycheck Protection Program: An SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance: This loan advance will provide up to $10,000 of economic relief to businesses that are currently experiencing temporary difficulties.
- SBA Express Bridge Loans: Enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief: The SBA is providing a financial reprieve to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- National Restaurant Association – Coronavirus Information and Resources
- National Retail Federation – Coronavirus Resources for Retailers
- Talking to Children about Covid-19 resource guide
- US Department of Education Information and Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- Resources for Higher Education from the CDC
- Resources for K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs from the CDC
Event and Meeting Planners:
- Coronavirus Resources from Meetings Mean Business
- Resources for Events and Mass Gatherings – COVID 19 from the CDC
For Faith-Based Leaders:
Food Industry Professionals:
Human Resources Professionals:
Small Business Impacted by Exports or Trade Disruptions: